Sunday, April 25, 2010

miss you...

A letter from a new friend - what a blessing!


Dear Mr.JC
How are you today? How about your trip? Is it funny? I guess you enjoy the time going around so much. this morning I took part in the interview of recruiting volunteers for Hue festival in June. I hope to be chosen because this may be my last chance to join. After that, I went to Water Puppetry Theater to join with my friend and children at New Life Language Center. You know, most of  the children come from rich families, they are raised in good conditions with beautiful clothes, good health, care from parents, etc. When i see them, suddenly i think of other children who i have met at orphanages, who are from poor families. They are very different. I  wish to do something to balance the difference, or at least help poor children to have a chance to go to school, good health, and good care. We do have organizations like UNICEF, but we still cannot reach every corner of life. I know, it's not somebody's fault, i just wish to do more. Here is a video i wish you to see. I see so much value of what I have now. I don't have a motor bike, How about the people who event don't have a bicycle? I don't have beautiful clothes, how about the ones who don't have clothes to wear?. I'm luckier than many many people. My difficulty is nothing to others', but they still survive,and overcome, so why can't I? It's time for me to stop complaining for what i don't have.
 Mr.JC, I do miss you. Hope to see you again.
Best regards
Huyen

2 comments:

  1. They can't miss you anymore than I am. It will be so good to see you and to hug you. I may never let you out of my sight for some time to come. I hope that your R&R is going OK. I will be praying for you and the team for safety there and for a safe trip home.

    Love & prayers,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. JC and Irene,

    Maybe the 2 of you can go back together next time;)

    Love and prayers

    In Christ,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete